- 10 ounces farmers cheese (ricotta works too)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5-6 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup extra flour to coat the pancakes before frying
- Vegetable oil or light olive oil for frying (3 tablespoons for each batch)
- Combine, farmers cheese with egg and vanilla extract until incorporated well. Add in sugar, salt and 5-6 tablespoons flour and wix well. Add extra flour if you think it’s still too wet or sticky.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the batter and drop it into flour. Coat both sides with flour and give it a small pancake shape. Repeat this until you finish all the batter.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium low heat. Fry the pancakes in batches until both sides are golden, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve warm with sour cream and jam.