- 6oz currants
- 6oz sultanas
- 8oz light muscovado sugar
- 10 fl oz strong, hot tea
- 10 oz self-raising flour
- 1egg, beaten
- Measure the fruit and sugar into a bowl, pour over the hot tea and leave overnight.
- Lightly grease and base line a 2 lb tin with greaseproof paper. Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees C / 300 degrees F / Gas 2.
- Stir the flour and egg into the fruit mixture, mix thoroughly then turn into the prepared tin and level the surface.
- Bake in the oven for about 1½ – 1¾ hours or until well risen and firm.